Here is an example of a leadership and team training program starting with the objectives of the client and a sample of a one day program and a three day program.
CLIENT’S AIMS OF SAMPLE TRAINING PROGRAM
• To build basic communication skills including public speaking/presentation skills.
• To build team cohesion striking a balance between individual expertise and team work.
• To provide an understanding of the skills required and appropriate nuances required to work with international clients/contacts.
• To assess and provide basic training in practical skills such as report writing and electronic mail etiquette.
SHORTER PROGRAM – 1 DAY
Session 1 (morning)
• Individual assessments including career tests – for personal development, identification of strengths and weaknesses and effectiveness within the team and helps leaders/HR managers to
understand and motivate employees.
• Team building and communications exercise Part 1 – builds trust, cohesion, communication skills including feedback and delegation.
Session 2 (afternoon)
• Team building and communications exercise Part 2 – builds trust and confidence, initiative, cohesion and communication skills including feedback and delegation.
• Strategies for dealing in a multicultural environment – differences between Western and African perspectives when dealing with clients/ partners.
And now a look at a longer program:
LONGER PROGRAM – 3 DAYS
• 9.30 – 11.30 Individual Competencies
• 1.00 – 3.00 Team Work
• 9.30 – 11.30 Self Expression and Sharing The Vision
• 1.00 – 3.00 Policy Making And Implementation, Working In Both Local and International Environments
• 9.30 – 10.00 Email Etiquette
• 10.01 – 11.30 L.E.A.D.E.R.S.H.I.P
• 1.00 – 1.30 Feedback on written assignments
• 1.31 – 2.30 Individual Counseling/ Feedback on course